The fall brings out the best in music, art, and performances from around the area. Check out these terrific events for some jazzy September fun:
- Alexandria Festival of the Arts - Sept 13-24, ArtFestival.com. King Street becomes an outdoor gallery featuring 200 of the nation's top award-winning artists.
- Mount Vernon's 18th Century Craft Fair - Sept 13-14, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m., MountVernon.org. The fair is a re-creation of an early American marketplace with artist demonstrations, family entertainment, and 18th century amusement.
- Rosslyn Jazz Festival - Sept 6, 12:30-7 p.m., RosslynVa.org, Enjoy a day of jazz concerts in Rosslyn, VA.
- DC Shorts Film Festival - Sept 11-18, various locations, DCShorts.com. During the week, 102 films will be screened and 6 screenplays will be read in 9 rotating showcases.
- Prelude 2008 - Arts Across America, Weekends, Aug 23-Oct 19, Kennedy Center, Kennedy-Center.org. This annual event brings together talents from every region of our nation, from American masters and bearers of tradition to young innovators developing their craft.
- Bethesda Art Walk - Sept 12, Bethesda.org. Free guided tours of 11 art galleries that feature painting, sculpture, photography, pottery, jewelry, and mixed media.
See You There!