Alexandria VA Real Estate Update April 2010 |
Detached Homes Got Snapped Up Last Month
In March of 2010, many Alexandria City VA detached homeowners were pleased to join the coveted 'Under Contract' club. While not yet settled, you can clearly see that last month, more buyers and sellers reached an agreement in the single-family detached home market.
According to the numbers:
- In the $400,000-$499,999 price range, the number of pending sales increased from one in the previous month, to six.
- In the $500,000-$599,999 price range, again six sales, up from two in the previous month.
- In the $600,000-$699,999 range, again a boost of two units, from eight to ten.
- Upper bracket detached homes in the $700,000-$799,999 range also snagged an additional two sales, up from three to five.
- Upper bracket detached homes in the $800,000-$899,999 range saw the largest jump from one unit, to a whopping seven!
So, what does this mean for detached home owners in Alexandria City (VA)? It means that right now, there are a lot of opportunities to get in front of a ready, willing, and able buyer. The competition is still there, so proper pricing cannot be ignored.